Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day

Today is Valentine's day and I am finally with my sweetheart! It has been a wonderful last few days. On Tuesday we all went to Ft. Sill to see him graduate. Me, Cameron, my mom and my granny all went and met Caleb's granny, papa, brother and sister in law there. I have no words to express how I felt when I saw him on stage in his uniform. I was so proud I felt like I could burst. He graduated top 10% of his class. Only 17 out of 170 were given this honor. Cameron sat there with eyes wide open fascinated with what we were witnessing. I have never been to a military base nor had I ever seen my handsome husband in uniform. We were all supposed to go out to eat after graduation but they wouldn't allow him to leave. After pictures, hugs and congratulations, he had to get on a bus and go back to his barracks. Cameron left with my mom and it was hard to see him leave after hardly any time with his dad. They spent a few minutes together and as always, Caleb made him smile when they talked about us coming up to see him at AIT. I have had a few days driving to the new base with him. I can't believe I have to leave tomorrow and he will be starting two months of AIT. After AIT we will finally all be stationed somewhere together. I hope time goes by faster than training did! I am grateful for the time I have had with him and don't want to leave. Tomorrows goodbye will be hard and if I make it without tears it will be a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment