Monday, January 19, 2009

The Count Down Starts

I got a letter from the battalion commander the other day with graduation information! He graduates on the 11th of February. That means 22 days until we see him! I'm going up on the 1oth because he gets a pass for a few hours and my mom,granny and Cam are coming up to go to graduation the next day. I'm so excited! Instead of counting down days apart, I can count down days until I see him! He probably has about 6 days to spend with us before he has to report to AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood. We are hoping they let him come home for those few days. I guess we'll know more toward the end of training. Caleb sent Cameron a shirt and he loves it! He is so excited to see his dad! I told him he could wear the shirt to the graduation. He's REALLY wants his military ID. As soon as we can get in the system , we'll drive to San Antonio and get our IDs! Yesterday was a nice day. Me and Cameron went into Austin to get my mom a birthday present, then we ate at applebees. I love spending time with Cam, but it's hard for us not to miss Caleb since we always do things together as a family. Caleb is doing really good in training. He has already been given a leadership role and has been asked to mentor a soldier that was having a hard time. He said that he's taking this very serious because we are in a time of war and he wants serious soldiers around him! He told me that this guy freaked out and went to the mental hospital. The guy told the drill sargents that he would have taken out as many soldiers he could before killing himself when they went to the range!?!?! That's kinda of scary! I guess this is the way the Army weeds out the crazies. They are tired, they have to stand in formation for hours, they exercise and run all the time and I guess the weak can't handle it! I know I couldn't!!! 22 Days until I see my sweetie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment