Friday, January 2, 2009

Day Three

I just got off the phone with Caleb. Today was a hard day. I was really lonely. I think because I didn't get to talk to him all day. Today he got his shots, talked to finance, and got his blood drawn. On his chart there was a pink sticker that said HIV. He said he started sweating and thought that meant he had HIV!?! Someone else thought the same thing and asked what the pink sticker meant, it just meant they were testing for it! He said that they will be going to a different part of post on Jan.9. That's when training actually starts. They have been told that the drill sergeants are just waiting for them to run them through the mill. It's supposedly just as bad as basic but in a shorter amount of time. Luckily Caleb is in pretty good shape and other than being cold he will be ok. I'm really glad Cameron will be home Sunday. I miss him and it will be good to have him back in the house. It will put routine back in my life with school and work. I'm quiting work on the 16th. That should give me enough time to get ready to move, pack,clean all that stuff. I think once he gets out of AIT we may only have 10 days to get to the base. Im going to home school cameron for the rest of the year and get settled before finding a private school in the area. I can't wait to find out where we are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment